- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled OHV semi-dry-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5mm x 71.5mm
- Induction: Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 34mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: ESP five-speed with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double wishbone; 6.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes: Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes: Single hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 80.9 in.
- Width: 46.1 in.
- Height: 45.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 49.4 in.
- Seat Height: 32.4 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.1 in.
- Turning Radius: 10.5 ft.
- Curb Weight: 642 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.6 gal., including 1.0-gallon reserve
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red, Olive
- Model Id: TRX420FPA
Factory Warranty Information
- Duration: One year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Electric Shift Program (ESP): Upshifting or downshifting is easy and fast—just push one of two handlebar-mounted buttons. ESP is a huge advantage when riding in heavy boots, or if your boots are covered in mud or snow.
- TraxLok® Selectable 2WD/4WD: This invaluable feature allows a rider to shift, via a front-panel-mounted lever, between 2WD and 4WD for maximum versatility during tough chores or on uneven terrain.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI), featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector and Idle Air Control Valve (IACV), the Rancher AT not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it enhances fuel economy as well.
- Longitudinal Engine Layout
- Semi-dry-sump Engine Design: Our semi-dry sump and overhead valve designs give you an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. The compact engine both lowers the center of gravity and increases ground clearance.
- Honda Automatic Five-Speed Transmission: The Rancher AT's Honda automatic five-speed transmission features two modes: You can shift into five forward gears, neutral and reverse, or the Rancher can shift into the forward gears automatically. Shifting is super-fast and super-efficient thanks to the radical twin-clutch design.
- Shaft Final Drive
- Independent Rear Suspension (IRS): The Rancher AT's double-wishbone, Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) allows each wheel to travel independently from the other over uneven terrain, helping maintain optimal tire contact. Add 6.3" of wheel travel to this formula, and what you have is arguably the most responsive handling, highest ride quality and best traction of any ATV in its class.
- Electric Power Steering (EPS): Electric Power Steering (EPS) is both speed- and torque-sensitive. In addition to reducing steering effort, EPS also reduces kickback through the handlebar.